Partridge Publishing: Challenges of Self-Publishing

partridge india publishing challenges
Image courtesy of Bill Longshaw / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Published on June 25, 2013

Partridge India: Challenges of Self-Publishing


As a self-published author one has to overcome a number of hurdles. Many say that the authors who have failed to publish a book through traditional ways go for the self-publishing route. As a self-publisher we also have to sell most of our books through the internet and find it hard to get bookshops to stock our work. Also books can be over priced. So if you are thinking of self-publishing keep a close eye on the price. And also remember that there are extra costs like postage and packaging.

However it pays to be persistent.

I have managed to get a book launch for my book. I would like to thank Waterstones Portsmouth, UK who arranged a book signing event for my book Disasters. I have also done a number of radio and television interviews. My book has also been reviewed in numerous publications like the journal of the Society of Occupational Medicine and the world renowned Kirkus Reviews. Social media has also been used to publicise my book. So follow me on Twitter and Facebook if you want to know what I am up to. The news that my book had been named as one of Kirkus’ Best Books of 2011 was picked up by... Continue Reading...   

0 comments:

Post a Comment